U.S. Embassy Finland / Small Grants Program
The U.S. Embassy Finland supports a variety of projects through its Small Grants Program, which is designed to support eligible organizations and individuals in the implementation of programs advancing U.S.-Finnish relations. The embassy is now accepting proposals for projects with a start date before December 31, 2021. Proposals ranging from $2,000 to $20,000 will be considered. The embassy welcomes proposals from all over Finland, including projects outside of Helsinki. Deadline for Submitting a Statement of Interest: April 15, 2021.
The U.S. Embassy Finland is particularly, but not exclusively, interested in proposals focused on the following themes:
- Strengthening the Transatlantic relationship
- Increasing cooperation between Arctic states and communities
- Addressing media literacy and critical thinking in the age of disinformation
- Increasing collaboration and exchange between American and Finnish students and teachers
- Engaging diverse Finnish populations
- Promoting economic prosperity, entrepreneurship, and innovation
The U.S. Embassy also encourages innovative proposals that promote American art and culture in Finland to help advance the above objectives. Given current limitations on in-person programming due to COVID-19 public health guidelines in Finland, the U.S. Embassy is particularly interested in programs focused on small group, virtual, or hybrid in-person and online engagements.
The Embassy uses a two-step process to receive small grant applications.Verkko-osoite